Monday, August 6, 2012

Bathroom Updo

BeyondPrincess.blogspot.com: Bathroom Remodel cheap - good advice




I had one of those - I can so totally do that moments - so I did it!
Plus, I have finally used those hours of "researching" Pinterest to do something productive.

Inspiration: Centsationalgirl.com
Obsession: Target's Avington Furniture - this brown matches exactly! Oh yeah!

My bathroom wasn't ugly, just plain - really plain and white. I thought it's time to make it feel more like the perfect home, that it is. (The picture was nearly, before - I might have started painting to test the color, opps.)

BeyondPrincess.blogspot.com: Bathroom Remodel cheap - good advice
White, white bathroom
My poor husband should have know I was up to something when out of the blue I tell him I'm going to Lowes. Here's what I got... adding up to $37!
 Paint, moulding board, drawer handles, unfinished feet, nice paint brush, hardware to hang the mirror

BeyondPrincess.blogspot.com: Bathroom Remodel cheap - good advice So whatcha ya think? Was it worth $37?

BeyondPrincess.blogspot.com: Bathroom Remodel cheap - good adviceBeyondPrincess.blogspot.com: Bathroom Remodel cheap - good advice

Couple tips:

The frame around the mirror was actually more difficult then it appears. You'll have to decide how to assemble and hang it. I used self taping screws on the corner brackets and wood putty to fill in the gaps. We (I recruited my husband) hung the frame using picture wire, so I could clean behind it. But the real tip, the frame must be painted on both sides because of the reflection.

Painting the vanity cabinets, I found that painting a thin first layer saved me from having to sand between coats or getting paint running down the sides. (I didn't use a primer either) A nice paint brush is worth the extra few bucks.


I would love to hear about your projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Supplies Used:


 Loading InLinkz ...